News:

Main Menu

Are You? #48

Started by Spookie Monster, November 25, 2009, 06:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

Well, ARE YOU?

Spel

Have you checked out Are You? #47 yet?  How about Are You? #21?

Am I face to face with the one who built the world?
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Paradox

Worldbuilding was always a problem when I ran campaigns. I have an intense love of building, detailing, fleshing out backgrounds, etc., so I would get so bogged down with it that I would ignore the actual action.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

HairyHeretic

Yup. World building, world conquering, you name it  :D
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Nabeshin

My group generally avoided that by putting everyone in a real modern day city, with some street maps or something to get an idea of where all the important places were. We've also done a lot in our own town, when we felt really lazy.

Skye

-has cinder blocks and grout- 
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Mnemaxa

That would be understating the matter by quite a lot, really....

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Skye

Sometimes my brain-farts so loud...that it does that. ;)
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Saerrael

Quote from: Paradox on December 01, 2009, 04:31:50 PM
Worldbuilding was always a problem when I ran campaigns. I have an intense love of building, detailing, fleshing out backgrounds, etc., so I would get so bogged down with it that I would ignore the actual action.

Amen... >.>
Still! Does mean I have a few worlds to tap into. They aren't finished, of course.. But still..

*hides*

Brandon

Oh yes, my original D&D world which started in 2nd edition and was later converted to 3.X is over 1150 pages long in Word

Since I put away the project Ive made 2 New world of darkness cities, and a few different medival countries for 3.5 and Pathfinder editions of D&D. I doubt I'll ever make a world as detailed or large as Dremlon again though, most likely I would just pick up the project again and keep adding onto it
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play