Well, ARE YOU?

Spel

Have you checked out Are You? #21 yet?

Is your writing on the page?
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Trieste

... actually, I am. I won a poetry contest in 6th grade and the prize was being published in a poetry magazine (something like Highlights for Kids or something). The poem was about E. coli ... which was, at the time, the new apocalypse bug, and much more of a specter than it is today.

In my search for material, I found a virus that specifically preys on E. coli and devours it. My poem was about cycles - night and day, life and death, human and bacteria and virus and human. It won first place, but I never got the complimentary copy of the magazine they were supposed to send me.

Inkidu

Quote from: Trieste on April 23, 2009, 08:40:03 PM
... actually, I am. I won a poetry contest in 6th grade and the prize was being published in a poetry magazine (something like Highlights for Kids or something). The poem was about E. coli ... which was, at the time, the new apocalypse bug, and much more of a specter than it is today.

In my search for material, I found a virus that specifically preys on E. coli and devours it. My poem was about cycles - night and day, life and death, human and bacteria and virus and human. It won first place, but I never got the complimentary copy of the magazine they were supposed to send me.
Well, it's nice to know you're a true romantic, Trieste. n_n
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Trieste

Inkidu

Quote from: Trieste on April 23, 2009, 08:51:36 PM
... what?
A poem about a virus from undercooked hamburger. *Was funning*
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Greenthorn

I had a published poem about falling leaves in 8th grade.  Went into some Catholic magazine...the name is escaping me now though.  Was a nationwide contest.  Yay me?  *shrugs*

Trieste

Quote from: Inkidu on April 24, 2009, 08:23:08 AM
A poem about a virus from undercooked hamburger. *Was funning*

*blushes*

Oniya

No, but I had parts of a story published in a limited-run magazine called Kinships.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Spookie Monster

Quote from: Oniya on April 24, 2009, 12:43:42 PMNo, but I had parts of a story published in a limited-run magazine called Kinships.

Very cool, Oniya -- I, too, had a story published in Kinships!  I'm pleased to find myself in such good company... :-)

Thanks for the replies, everybody! :-)

Spel

If you choose...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

CuriousKandi

I'm not 22, at age 22, my son was 3, he is now 35.