Any freaky shows?
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Will

Nope.  I'm in more than one. :P
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Lilias

Isn't life the absolute Game? :P
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

adventurer

LIFE is the Master Game. Yes.
"You can discover more about a person in a hour of play than in a year of conversation."
(Plato)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21715.0

Oniya

Quote from: adventurer on January 15, 2009, 10:10:12 AM
LIFE is the Master Game. Yes.

Especially when you sell off the kids right at the end.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Spookie Monster

Those of you who are interested in synchronicities might find the following worth reading:

Early this month I started to pose "yes or no?" questions -- specifically, questions that begin with Are you... -- to the fine members of Elliquiy.  I felt that this would be a humorous way to learn more about us.  Are You? #1 asks Are you right-handed?; Are You? #2 asks Are you a brief Albanian folk song?; there are currently five other questions.  This very thread asks my sixth question: Are you involved in a game right now?  Now, I composed these questions a day or more before I actually posted them, which is normal for me; for a number of reasons I tend to compose my posts over a several-day period, then, when I'm satisfied that I'm saying what I want to say, I log into Elliquiy and post them all at once.

I composed my sixth question on January 13th.  I thought, There -- that's an appropriate question for a roleplaying forum!  I then set it aside and worked on some other posts.

About a day after I composed my sixth question I learned that Patrick McGoohan had died; OwenNo6 thoughtfully posted about the news here.  Although I was glad that McGoohan had lived till 80, I was saddened nonetheless, because I was a pretty big fan of his stuff.  I consider the television series The Prisoner to be his greatest work, particularly because it validates a sort of kind individuality.  If you're unfamiliar with The Prisoner, know that Patrick McGoohan plays a character imprisoned in a strange village with a number of other people, some benevolent, most malevolent.  Within this society, almost all individuals are referred to just by number; McGoohan's character is specifically referred to as "Number Six."

I should note that the final episode of The Prisoner features the song "All You Need Is Love" by The Beatles.  Apparently McGoohan incorporated it because he agreed with the notion and felt that love was too rare.  "All You Need Is Love" has always been my favorite song; listening to it when I was a tiny boy is one of my earliest memories.

"All You Need Is Love" contains the following lyrics:

There's nothing you can do that can't be done
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy

Upon rereading my sixth question immediately before I posted it, therefore, I laughed.  I'd written Are You? #6, which asks Are you involved in a game right now?, on the day before I'd learned that Patrick McGoohan had died.

Anyhow, I hope that you found that little synchronicity worth reading about.  Thanks for the replies, everybody; I hope that your games are going well!

Spel

It was cold and it rained so I felt like an actor...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~